Los Niños Early Childhood Montessori Program
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
Niños Early Childhood Montessori Program is one of the several programs
which serve the community as part of Community Family Centers. It supports hard-working families by making high-quality early childhood education accessible at a low cost to Houston’s inner-city East End children ages three to six years.
Los Niños employs a Montessori method of education, which accelerates
learning in a self-paced curriculum based on individual mastery of skills while
supporting children’s ability to absorb knowledge from their surroundings.
The Los Niños Program also offers a traditional early childhood curriculum
in its after school component.
Montessori is a philosophy and a teaching method with the fundamental tenet that a child learns best within a socially enriched environment that supports each individual’s unique development.
Montessori’s theories include such revolutionary premises as:
• Children are to be respected as different from adults and as individuals who are different from one another.
• Children create themselves through purposeful activity or work.
• The most important years for learning are from birth to age six.
• Children possess unusual sensitivity and mental powers for absorbing and learning from the people and materials in their environment.
• Child must be 3 years old by September 1 of the entering school year. Enrollment is open to children up to the age of 6.
• Child must be fully toilet trained.
• Once space availability is determined and income and residency is verified, an application may be completed and submitted for review.
• In addition to the enrollment application, please also submit:
The Early Childhood Program at Community Family Centers participates in CACFP, Child and Adult Care Food Program to serve healthy meals to our students. Breakfast, Lunch, and an afternoon snack are provided daily at no additional cost to families.
The City of Houston recognizes that child care is a necessary and supportive human service, integral to the revitalization of any neighborhood. These services support neighborhood residents in their efforts to become employed, maintain employment and increase the economic viability of the community. Through grant support from the Child Care Council of Greater Houston and the Child Development Block Grant (CDBG), Los Niños Early Childhood Montessori Program is able to provide quality child care and learning and positive parenting training to low-income families who are working, in training, or seeking employment. For more information about the Child Care Council of Greater Houston, please visit http://www.cccghi.com/
OUR LOCATION AND DAYS OF OPERATION
7524 Avenue E, Houston TX 77012
Phone: (713) 923-0606
Fax: (713) 923-4243
NEED DIRECTIONS? CLICK HERE
Our Program is open year round from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We observe some federal holiday and in-service days as reflected on the Houston ISD academic calendar; however, please contact the school office for a list of closure dates. Los Niños is a year-round program with enrollment that continues through the summer months. Students may be enrolled full-time (full-day) or part-time, with dismissal at 1:00 pm.
OUR TEACHERS IN ACTION
Director of the Early Childhood Program